Smoothies for Kids – Healthy Tips
In the midst of busy school days, practices and events, smoothies make one of the best treats for your children. Not only are they great for breakfasts and snacks, smoothies are an excellent way to get your child to consume fruits and vegetables they normally wouldn’t eat. If you can get them a sweet treat that they enjoy and that serves their overall health you’ve gained the ultimate victory as a parent. Here are some healthy tips to keep an eye out for when it comes to smoothies for kids.
1. Give Your Children the Right Amount of Sugar
There are a few things that kids don’t need a lot of. These include carbs, sugar, and vitamin and mineral boosts. There are so many junk food products out there that rain sugar on children. Too much sugar can result in cavities, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, ADHD, and more. Smoothies can be incredibly delicious but they can also be an extremely high source of sugar if they are not intentionally made with your child’s health in mind.
Many smoothie shops use purees, added sugar, and chemical sweeteners to create smoothies that are high in sugar and very unhealthy for kids. Juice It Up! on the other hand uses real, whole fruit with moderate amounts of natural sugar to create pure, healthy smoothies that your kids will love.
2. Give Your Children a Healthy Amount of Minerals
In desire to maximize their children’s vitamin and mineral intake, parents will sometimes go overboard with supplements by adding boosts to their smoothies. The reality is that kids don’t need as many supplements as adults. Too much many nutrients and superfoods can actually be harmful for children. Kids don’t need added vitamin and mineral boosts in their smoothies because their bodies are small and will already efficiently extract the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables.
Popular nutrients found in Juice It Up smoothies include vitamin A, C, iron, calcium, potassium, fiber, and protein. By consuming smoothies at Juice It Up!, kids will have their nutritional needs met without the need for additional supplements.
3. Give Your Children Popular Kids Smoothies at Juice It Up!
It comes as no surprise but when it comes to smoothies that kids enjoy, the most important element is not the flavor or the size, it’s the color! Bright, colorful smoothies are highly desired by children.
Fortunately, our kid-friendly smoothies not only have great color, but excellent taste, and nutrients as well!
Our most popular smoothies for kids include:
- Strawberry Wave – A red smoothie that is a classic blend of ripe strawberries and smooth bananas. It also has potassium and Vitamin C.
- Melon Madness – A pink smoothie that is a refreshingly sweet and creamy blend of watermelon, strawberries, and banana. It is very high in Vitamin C and potassium.
- Mango Mania – An orange colored fan favorite, this is a tropical blend of mangos, banana, and strawberries. It has vitamin A, potassium and lots of vitamin C.
- Green Monster – A green smoothie that doesn’t taste green at all! It is loaded with vitamins A and C and is also a great source of fiber.
All of Juice It Ups!! Smoothies for kids are less than 200 calories (140-160 calories average) and are a great tasting way to get your children to eat more veggies and fiber.
Find a Juice It Up! near you and find great smoothies for kids today!